Duties, fees, terms & conditions, data protection
Here is a summary of my duties and fees for weddings. For other functions please contact me for a quote. There are many details that may arise on the day that I will take care of, and please remember that, once booked I am available 24/7 to help you with every aspect of planning your day – especially timings.
The wedding ceremony (When held at church)
- Meet and greet guests
- After the ceremony, assist the photographer as required
It may not be necessary for me to attend the church if you have ushers who can welcome guests and assist the photographer. This gives me time to arrive at the wedding breakfast venue well ahead of your arrival to check all is ready and liaise with the venue coordinator. We can discuss this at our preliminary planning meeting.
The wedding ceremony (When held in same location as wedding breakfast)
- Liaise with the management and ensure all is prepared.
- Arrange for Bridegroom to meet the Registrar’s
- Greet guests and ensure they are seated before the Bride’s arrival
- Announce Bridal party into the ceremony
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, inform guests of location for drinks reception and photographs. It will then be my honour to introduce the very new Mr & Mrs …..
The wedding breakfast
- Liaise with the management, caterers and musicians to ensure all is prepared.
- I will greet Bride & Bridegroom and guests and guide them to the drinks reception.
- I will assist the photographer by calling guests for group photographs.
- Arrange the receiving line – to greet guests as they enter the wedding breakfast.
- Announce the entrance of the Bride & Bridegroom
- Say Grace or announcing chosen guest to do so
- Introduce each principal guest who is to make a speech and toast
- Ensure gifts for parents, bridesmaids, best man etc. are to hand
- Announce the cutting of the wedding cake
- Stay within the call of the bridal party and ensure all is running smoothly
- If there is a guest book I will remind guests to sign it
- At the conclusion of the wedding breakfast I will formally close proceedings and inform guests of further celebrations
The evening celebration
- Greet evening guests.
- Gather the guests and announce the cutting of the cake (if it has not been done earlier)
- Announce the throwing of the Bride’s bouquet to single ladies.
- Announce the Bride & Bridegroom’s first dance together as husband and wife.
My current fee for all or part of the day is £400. A booking fee of £100 is payable at the time of booking and is non-returnable subject to terms and conditions (see below).
Included in this fee is a preliminary meeting as soon as possible after your booking is confirmed so that I can advise you in your initial planning. We will also arrange to meet 4/6 weeks before the day to discuss final details. Once a booking has been confirmed, I am available 24/7 to advise and offer you the benefit of my experience in planning your day.
All fees are subject to confirmation and dependent on distance to venue. Locations outside Norfolk may be subject to extra travel time & fuel costs.
Terms & conditions
i Bob Lloyd will perform the duties of professional toastmaster / master of ceremonies at the agreed time and location, for the agreed fee.
ii Engagements are accepted in good faith, based on the information provided by the client, and are deemed accepted only when the booking form has been received, the booking fee paid and acknowledged in writing (including email).
iii The booking fee is non-returnable *(except v below)
iv The balance of the agreed fee is to be paid by the client no less than one month before the event unless prior arrangements have been agreed.
v If unable to fulfil his duties owing to sickness or personal circumstances, Bob will endeavour to provide a suitable professional substitute for the agreed fee and at no extra cost to the client. If he is unable to do this, any payments made by the client will be fully refunded *(including booking fee)
vi The right is reserved to increase the fee due to the client altering the instructions of the engagement once the booking has been accepted. e.g. time of event extended or change of venue.
vii If the full fee has been paid, but the booking is cancelled for any reason three calendar months prior to the event, the fee *(less booking fee) will be refunded.
viii If the booking is cancelled for any reason less than three calendar months before the event, the client shall be liable to pay the full fee.
ix If the event is postponed until a future date the agreed fee is valid for six months after which an additional fee may be required.
x For bookings in excess of 6 hours a 30 minute meal break will be taken at an appropriate time. Provision of a main course meal would be appreciated when appropriate but not essential.
The terms for cancellation due to forced local or national Government lockdown supersede points i to x and are as follows:
I am happy to re-book your wedding day at no additional cost subject to my availability.
If you choose to cancel your wedding yourself the booking fee is non-refundable Please put in writing if you wish to cancel your wedding. However, if you are forced to cancel your wedding due to a government coronavirus or any other lockdown I will refund 50% of your booking fee, retaining 50% for administration and costs incurred. If you have paid additional monies on top of the booking fee, I will refund 75% of any payments made, retaining 25% for administration and costs incurred. Given the unprecedented times I hope this is seen to be reasonable and fair.
As a member of the Association of the UK School of Professional Toastmasters I have Public Liability Insurance for £5 million. If you are unhappy with the services I provide please contact me or the Association secretary.
AUKSPT Secretary: Charles Jeffrey-Hudson
01409 271236 firstname.lastname@example.org
General Data Protection Regulations changed on 25th May 2018. By contacting me you are giving me permission to hold your personal data and contact you with regard to your enquiry. If a booking results from your enquiry I will hold your personal data in order to contact you and fulfil my contractual obligations to you as a client with regard to matters relating to the role for which you have engaged me. If you decide not to book my services your details will be deleted as soon as I have been made aware that you do not require my services.
Toastmaster Bob Lloyd