Here is a summary of my duties and fees for weddings. For other functions please contact me for a quote. There are many details that may arise on the day that I will take care of, and please remember that, once booked I am available 24/7 to help you with every aspect of planning your day – especially timings.
The wedding ceremony (When held at church)
- Meet and greet guests
- After the ceremony, assist the photographer as required
It may not be necessary for me to attend the church if you have ushers who can welcome guests and assist the photographer. This gives me time to arrive at the wedding breakfast venue well ahead of your arrival to check all is ready and liaise with the venue coordinator. We can discuss this at our preliminary planning meeting.
The wedding ceremony (When held in same location as wedding breakfast)
- Liaise with the management and ensure all is prepared.
- Arrange for Bridegroom to meet the Registrar’s
- Greet guests and ensure they are seated before the Bride’s arrival
- Announce Bridal party into the ceremony
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, inform guests of location for drinks reception and photographs. It will then be my honour to introduce the very new Mr & Mrs …..
The wedding breakfast
- Liaise with the management, caterers and musicians to ensure all is prepared.
- I will greet Bride & Bridegroom and guests and guide them to the drinks reception.
- I will assist the photographer by calling guests for group photographs.
- Arrange the receiving line – to greet guests as they enter the wedding breakfast.
- Announce the entrance of the Bride & Bridegroom
- Say Grace or announcing chosen guest to do so
- Introduce each principal guest who is to make a speech and toast
- Ensure gifts for parents, bridesmaids, best man etc. are to hand
- Announce the cutting of the wedding cake
- Stay within the call of the bridal party and ensure all is running smoothly
- If there is a guest book I will remind guests to sign it
- At the conclusion of the wedding breakfast I will formally close proceedings and inform guests of further celebrations
The evening celebration
- Greet evening guests.
- Gather the guests and announce the cutting of the cake (if it has not been done earlier)
- Announce the throwing of the Bride’s bouquet to single ladies.
- Announce the Bride & Bridegroom’s first dance together as husband and wife.
My current fee for all or part of the day is £400#
Included in this fee is a preliminary meeting as soon as possible after your booking is confirmed so that I can advise you in your initial planning. We will also arrange to meet 4/6 weeks before the day to discuss final details. Once a booking has been confirmed, I am available 24/7 to advise and offer you the benefit of my experience in planning your day.
# If you have chosen the toastmaster option on some venue packages where I am included, my fee (paid by the venue) is reduced as it only covers two parts of your day i.e. ceremony & wedding breakfast OR wedding breakfast and evening celebration to first dance. If you wish me to attend all three parts of your day i.e. ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening celebration to first dance, an extra fee – payable by the couple- is required.
All fees are subject to confirmation and dependent on distance to venue. Locations outside Norfolk may be subject to extra travel time & fuel costs.
Toastmaster Bob Lloyd